Got some spare time? Make a comic!
Reasons for doing this?
1: My followers can finally have a printed comic by me.
2: It seemed like a fun activity to do, specially with young kids.
3: It might be cool if interweb folks shared tiny little mini comics with each other. And a whole bunch of people can print each other’s comics and maybe we could collect ones by other artists. So… ya know. Why not?
EDIT: AHH! Before I forget, I should mention that this mini comic format was created by the folks at http://www.pocketmod.com/ I came by their technique while listening to Fear the Boot, a roleplaying game podcast as they were interviewing Stuart Robertson an indie tablet top rpg designer.
If you’d like, support those folks cause they helped me discover this neat design.
EDIT2: Added tags. Dag nabbit.
Angelica Pickles & Cynthia
I always enjoyed Charlotte Pickles and her no-nonsense attitude.
The science fiction magazine Fantastic Adventures shows us a glimpse of life on other planets from their 1939-1940 issues. While the alien designs are quite strange, they are meant to illustrate the different conditions on each planet, like gravity and atmosphere. All the planets besides Earth are included, even Pluto, plus Io, one of Jupiter’s moons.
I’d like to call this the Broken Hopes, Broken Dreams giveaway. I realized I had one more to do after the art one earlier…
I have these two Charizard I got in Japan - a Pokedoll that came out a day before we had to leave, and a Pokemon Time Charizard charm. It’s really cute, but I don’t like Charizard a whole lot. I bought these two Charizard items for a special friend, even though at that time I was really upset at that person. Then we parted ways because it never got better, and I’d rather not keep around things that upset me.
So… the rules are simple.
- One reblog enters, but a like helps.
- No giveaway blogs!
- Giveaway ends May 24th.
- I’ll pay for shipping anywhere.
- You don’t have to be following me, but if you like Pokemon art, I do a lot of that!
Thank you for taking a look! I hope these will end up in a place with someone who appreciates Charizard as much as I don’t.
Hi everyone!!! This is an art supplies giveaway for me reaching an amount of followers I said I’d do a giveaway at!
Here are the things you’ll be getting, as you can see from the photo!
- 6” by 10” Sketchbook for both wet and dry media
- A bottle of ink, you pick the color, I’ll order it from a specific site
- A fountain pen that comes with the ink from the same site
- 11 colors of Cotman Winsor & Newton watercolors
- 3 brushes
- A drawing of a subject of your choice to go on the first page! You might want to check my art out if you’re unfamiliar with me to see what types of things I usually do
And that’s that. I don’t use any of those watercolor tubes anymore, as I’ve replaced them each with higher quality tubes, so I thought: why not give them away? And I like the fountain pen I’ve been using so much that I think I’d like someone else to try it, too. I’ve also replaced the three brushes I’ve included here, so I don’t need those, either. And a drawing for good measure.
Here are the rules! Please follow these:
- No giveaway blogs. I want more people to actually see this and have a chance at getting something; a lot of artists don’t have a lot of money…
- Reblogs enter you, and a Like helps. You can’t just like - but you can do both to double your chances of just reblogging (if it falls on someone who liked it, I’ll check to see if they reblogged it)
- I’ll be checking the blog that wins to see if you’re an active blog.
- You gotta use these after they arrive! I obviously can’t enforce this, but I want to see people not being timid! Make art! That’s what these are for. I know a thing that stops a lot of people is being scared they’ll mess up and waste expensive supplies… but if this is a gift, that shouldn’t matter!
- This ends on May 24th. If I send an ask and you don’t respond within 2 days, I’ll ask the next person, and so on.
- I will ship anywhere. I’ll pay the shipping.
I think that’s everything. Have fun!!! Good luck!
i guess we’re posting volks today?
I had one of those “can I draw Pinkie Pie from memory” moments, and then I cheated for the colors by looking at pictures of Pinkie Pi
Oui oui! Also, who wouldn’t want something like this sitting next to them at Anime Expo? That is to say, Does anyone want to split at table at anime expo? Art like this and more! I’m looking for a table to split, any tackers? I’ll make it worth your while!
- From “Ninku,” directed by Noriyuki Abe (1995)
Pizza Day Comics #47